Dogsafe Canine First Aid
|1 Day (8 hours) = $140||www.dogsafe.ca|
|Next Class: TBA Fall 2014||facebook.com/dogsafe|
This comprehensive 8-hour course is designed to teach you the knowledge and skills to deal with a sick or injured dog until veterinary care is available. The topics are covered in-depth so that students have a thorough understanding of the principles of canine first aid. Since this is a very comprehensive course, we need your full attention and dogs do not come to class.
A 126 page DOGSAFE® training and reference manual is included in the course.
Upon successful completion of the hands-on practical and written test, you will be granted a frame-ready, 8 1/2″ x 11″ DOGSAFE® certificate.
|Minimum Age||14 yrs/10 yrs if parent also enrolled|
|Locations||Victoria, Bowen Island, Vancouver|
|Continuing Education Credits Approved by||CCPDT (7), IACP, (7) and IAABC|
You Will Learn How To
- Prevent common injuries
- Conduct a head to tail assessment
- Tell if your dog is experiencing pain
- Recognize 4 signs of illness or injury
- Respond to any emergency in 4 easy steps
- Safely approach an injured dog
- Take your dog’s vital signs and 3 other health tests
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Perform artificial respiration
- Remove an airway obstruction (choking)
- Treat minor wounds
- Prevent and treat for shock
- Control deadly bleeding
- Deal with penetrating objects
- Prevent and treat eye injuries
- Prevent and treat abdominal wounds
- Recognize risk factors and respond to bloat
- Prevent and respond to drowning
- Assess and respond to bone and joint injuries
- Prevent and respond to poisonings
- Prevent and respond to frostbite and hypothermia
- Prevent and respond to heatstroke
What to Expect in Class
- Hands on practice using canine CPR mannequins, plush dogs, splints, bandages, and more!
- Demonstration with a live dog
- Open discussion/Q&A
- A fun, safe learning environment
Book a Dogsafe Session!
Be confident in knowing you can handle whatever
emergency comes your way.